Monday, November 8, 2010

the Twinkie Diet...

Okay...let me start off by saying that I am IN NO WAY promoting this... but I just canNOT get over it, so I'm blogging about it.

A nutrition professor @ K-State went on a 2-month long diet on which he consumed a twinkie every 3 hours instead of a normal meal.  He also munched on some Doritos & Oreos as snack.  He took a multivitamin and ate one can of veggies every day as well.

He was exploring/proving the point that in weight loss, calories in vs calories out is the bottom line.  It doesn't matter what type of calories they are.  You burn more than you consume and you WILL lose the weight. 

When people throw this at me, I ALWAYS shoot them down saying that yes, they'll lose the weight, but in the process will destroy their health.  Umm...according to the results this dude experienced I am just straight up wrong. 

His health actually IMPROVED!!! Seriously...??

I still believe with every fiber of my being that if continued, this diet would have started destroying his body...sooner rather than later. 

I'm still kind of in shock though.  Read it HERE.

No comments: