Thursday, July 7, 2011

My 11 month old climbed out of her crib!!

Yes.

You read that correctly.
Little C climbed out of her crib!!

Yesterday, during her morning nap, I heard her playing around and knew she was awake.  But, I left her in there as long as she was content so that I could get my lunch on before the munchkins demanded every bit of my attention again...  in the middle of my delicious-salad-making-sesh Cameron busted out with a super loud cry.  After about 4 seconds, she just whimpered a couple times and returned to her normal low-key, "mommy come get me" cry.  I thought about finishing my salad prep (which ended being the BOMB.com, btw), but decided I should check on my leetle one.  I could finish my work with a baby on my hip.  So I scampered off to Cameron's room, opened the door, and what did I find?  A teeny little 11-month-old munchkin sitting on the floor right by the door with paci in mouth, blanky in hand, and tears in her eyes!!  Oh my goodness.  It was the scariest/most adorable thing of my life.  

I'm still kind of in shock about it.  Avery has still, to this day, never climbed out of her crib!

Ohhhhh C-Lil.  What am I gonna do with you??

3 comments:

Catie Grace Bird said...

Oh my goodness I don't know what I would do! What are you going to do now that she knows how to climb out?

Anonymous said...

I can just picture it, with your cute description, and it gives me a huge smile and a tear. She is a determined little thing! Nonni

Penny said...

Yay! I'm now following your blog!!!