Monday, October 27, 2008

Got gas?

Can I just say that my morning drive to work has taken on a drastic change...

For the previous year or so, I have become steadily more depressed the closer I get to work every morning. With each mile that passes, another giant gas station sign slapped me in the face with its ugly, ugly pricing. The sickness in the pit of my stomach grew with each passing mile, as I was one mile closer to having to REFILL THE STUPID GAS TANK!!

Wellllll...now I find complete and utter JOY in my early-morning drives. Instead of dreading the increase in price that I was destined to see at LEAST every few days, I now look forward to seeing how much the gas price drops each week. Today, the lowest I passed (which also conveniently happened to be RIGHT by our house) was $2.17!! How can I help but sport a massive grin the entire way to work!?

I realize that the ever-dropping gas prices are a reflection of our plummeting economy. However, to be honest, the acute effect that gas prices have on my life easily outweighs the bummer of our present economic state. I feel perfectly content with experiencing instant moments of bliss at the expense of the US economy. i am less annoyed with having to drive to and from work twicea day, which in turn makes me more excited about being at work, which results in me doing a better job! I am more motivated to use the miles to get to and from school on class days, which makes me a better student :) I am less reluctant to go to the grocery store during the day, which I am positive that Brian appreciates... So, I choose to temporarily ignore our economy's struggles, and focus on the HAPPIER things in life...

YAY FOR DROPPING GAS PRICES!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha your funny! I went to the gas station today filled up and left and never took note of how much the gas was, how much I spent or if I saved. That's sad!

BrittneyNicole said...

hahaha... i love you.. i am in an internet cafe and laughing out loud because I can just imagine you grinning on your way to work due to the gas prices, as you ahve noted, despite the crashing economy! haha... you are precious.. i love and miss you... how is your little one?