Friday, August 8, 2014

We must become Greater...



"We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook." 

         -author unknown

....because we were not created to just live life for our OWN enjoyment.  We were created, fearfully & WONDERFULLY, to live life to the FULL.  We were created IN HIS IMAGE.  To be HIS hands & feet in a world full of everything that tries to steal our attention away from His greater purpose.   In a world that tries to sell the idea of "making it", finding "success", celebrity, "happiness", etc.  We must PUSH ourselves beyond our comfort zone so that HE has room to fill us and move IN us and then THROUGH us and INTO the world and the PEOPLE around us. 

THIS is what drives me.  THIS is what ACTUALLY stirs my heart and my mind and my SOUL from the very deepest place that exists inside of me.  It's what makes me WANT to be uncomfortable.  It's what makes me KNOW that I shouldn't be sitting pretty and complacent anymore. 

I'm THANKFUL that the Holy Spirit whispered into my ear loud enough..or maybe just enough times... so that i finally HEARD.  STOP being afraid of the awesomeness God placed inside of you.  IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU.  It's 180MILLION% about HIM, HIS kingdom, HIS people... 

So.  Here am I, Send me.  Still learning to LISTEN so that I can learn what that means for each DAY.  But I can tell you that He has rocked my world over the last year & a half. And I can only hope, pray, & ACT in a way that I believe is fulfilling His calling to me.  

No comments: