Thursday, May 14, 2009

First doc visit

At Avery's 3-day check up she was super healthy!! We already LOVE our pediatrician...Dr Munda...who was recommended by a ton of ppl here in Tyler. She's a super cute/energetic little Filipino woman and she's awesome.

Avery gained one oz back since the hospital, so she's only 2 oz from her birth weight! YAY for being a great eater! She's already grown 1/4 inch in length, and her cranium has increased by 1/4 inch as well (that brain is already developing...love it) kidding. Anyway- she's a healthy girl!....a little bit of jaundice so we had to hang out in the sun alot yesterday, but even that was super minor.

She showed our doc how well her digestive system is working too. As soon as we got to the room she had a poopie diaper, so B proceeded to change her on the table. As soon as he was about to put on her diaper she peed...allll over the table. So he cleaned her up, diapered her up, and as soon as the nurse left and Dr Munda came in, she pooped it up AGAIN and doc had to change her! Impressive, huh?

Our appointment was on Monday...and I totally thought a short trip to the doc would be easy for me. Um... I definitely overestimated myself, ha. I walk about .05 mph right now, so it took me a good 5 minutes to make the 20 yard walk from the car. THEN it took me about 3 minutes to sit down and 3 minutes to stand back up, so moving from place to place to fill out paper work and then head to the back was quite a chore. By the time we got to our room I could barely talk because I was holding back tears, so Brian was super-dad and took care of everything! (Thanks boo)

When we finally got back to the car I just let it flow! And Brian took me to Chick-fil-A for a DELISH cookies'n'cream milkshake to make it all better! My hub is the BEST hub/daddy ever in life. And my daughter is the cutest little poopie-queen I've ever seen.

Tune in later today for lots of pics from the last few days!

3 comments:

Ivy said...

aww rox! i hope yous tart to feel better soon! chic fil a will cheer up anyone, anytime!!!

i cant wait to see pics of baby avery! so cutttte

the tichenor family said...

Hang in there sweet mama. I promise it gets better everyday. Call me if you need anything, have questions... ANY kind of question! We can't wait to meet Avery. Lots of love.

Bethany Freede said...

We LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Averton! Kayla and I are sitting on your blog looking at her for the 50th time!

I am so jealous that K-La gets to come this week!

Love you :)