Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No worries

I feel like the only thing I have heard all day long is how scared and angry people are that Obama is soon to be the President of the United States. It's realllyyy starting to wear on me, I guess because I cannot totally relate. I am not suffering from that same fear. Sure, there are policies that I'm not a fan of. Some that I am even somewhat anxious about, should they actually go into effect. However, I don't believe that Obama is an evil man. In fact, I believe he's a Christian man with a good heart. He may have me fooled. I don't know. There's no way I can know. Only God knows, really.

Anyway, I know that the future of our country, our lives, our freedom, and our children is something that can be incredibly scary, considering how NOT in control we are. BUT, even though it's not always easy, God STILL tells us not to worry. Just pray and trust in His grace and mercy. It doesn't guarantee that things will go the way we want them to. It doesn't guarantee that things will be easy, or only slightly difficult. Times could become miserably trying, but God still tells us not to worry about tomorrow, for it will worry about itself. All things work together for HIS glory. We are in GOD's hands. Regardless of who the president is...Bill Clinton, G Dub, Obama... God is in control. That's pretty comforting, if you ask me :) Why don't we unite behind our president...our country...God? ONE NATION UNDER GOD, right?

1 comment:

Tbaby said...

I feel ya girl...I ended up changing my opinion about Obama last month in a weird research moment...and ended up voting for the old guy(or young, whatever)...but I feel the same way...I'm puttin it in God's hands and having faith in Him...we'll see what happens..either way, it will be an interesting 4 years:)