Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Cake

So remember that post from a couple of weeks ago (I think?) about my feeble attempt to make a SUPER pretty cake. HA. Well...here she is, my friends. Like I said before, I used a little heart cookie cutter to get the layers cut out and then plastered the DELISH yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I got this cheap little icing kit @ a Pampered Chef party a few months, and I used it for the little white thingys around the edges. It was my first time...and it was rough, I admit :) HOWEVER- That little cake tasted heavenly, which allowed me to quickly forget how NOT pretty it turned out :)



4 comments:

the tichenor family said...

it's so cute, and that chocolate icing looks a-mazing. if carson wasn't asleep, we'd make a trip to randall's for some cake mix. mmm!

Unknown said...

i'd like to say that it looks amazing! i tried to do a heart cake a year or so ago and it was U-G-L-Y. more like a really bad circle.

Ivy said...

rox that cake is super cute! youre too hard on yourself! i love it!

Unknown said...

It looks amazing!! JUST wait until you see our bunny cupcakes! They are a disaster. But for real your cake is awesome! :)