Thursday, July 16, 2009

Galvy!

So I never posted about the Family Galveston trip we went on a couple of weeks ago. My grandmother turned 82 on July 6th, and my mom really wanted to get her whole side of the fam together for a celebration, since we RARELY are all in the same place at the same time. We all spent the week preceding The Fourth in a beach house at Pirates' Beach. Our house was RIGHT on the water, which was PERFECT for such a big group! Our back patio offered a super gorgeous and peaceful view. We spent every morning out there drinking coffee and watching the fishermen, pelicans and dolphins. That was prob one of my fav parts of the trip!

The beach/ocean is my happy place. (Well, that and anyplace lost up in the Rocky Mountains!) It was so incredibly refreshing to be there after such a long hiatus. Living in Sugar Land, we were able to drive down to Galvy whenever we felt like it. Tyler is a liiiiittle different :) I miss the beach so much! Brian and I got up early one morning to walk (with Aves) along the beach as the sun was rising. Beautiful and Peaceful. I went on a run along the beach on 2 different mornings...my first times to run since DECEMBER!! It felt awesome, but MAN- I could tell it had been a looong time :)

THe week mainly consisted of eating at the house, playing in the water (we finally had some rough waters on Friday and Saturday!), building sandcastles, passing Avery around, playing cards, playing putt-putt (the Curry tradition), eating @ Gaido's (duh), and drinking coffee on the back patio. We all went down to the beach and hung out by the water the night of the 4th. We were able to catch pieces of about 15 different fireworks shows, which was super cool. Avery enjoyed her first beach trip, I think. I couldn't take her out the last 2 days though because my entire body was taken over by some kind of miserably itchy/burny heat rash...or something? I've never had a rash in my life that I can remember...so who knows? All I know is that it's gone, and I'm happy about it! Avery's first 4th wasn't too enjoyable for her...she wasn't a huge fan of the elevated decibels pumping into her eardrums :) Maybe next year??

Spending time with my aunts/uncles/sibs/parents/cousins/g-mama was truly special. Thanks momma for making it happen! We are so blessed with family who love AND enjoy each other!

No comments: